Tuesday, June 30, 2015





June 22, 2015

Dear Familia,

It is crazy that another week has already gone by! Here at the MTC there isn't even time to breathe! Our district has come to measure our time for when our next "lunch" is. (Every meal in our district is called lunch.) I am doing a lot better! Sorry for not telling you last time. I still have a cough and sometimes a runny nose but nothing compared to the few days before I left. It is weird that all of my district is leaving tomorrow so I will be assigned to a new companion by tonight, so I'm sleeping in a different room. Because this week is my VC training I will have pday again on Friday! Because I'm being transferred to a different district I will probably have a new mailbox number so I will try to get that to you as soon as possible, hopefully later today! I will make sure I get that package!
This week my testimony has grown leaps and bounds! I know I was supposed to come during this time to meet the people that I have because I have learned so much from the other sisters and elders in my district. I have come to love and know them within in such a short amount of time! I know that the gift of tongues is a real thing and that the Lord can put the words I need to say in my mouth through the Spirit. I know I wouldn't have made it through this past week without this gift because of all the lessons that we taught. I have come to know what it is like to love someone so much that you just want them to receive the gospel because you know how much it will bless your lives. Even though all of our investigators are already members I got to see a glimpse as to what it is like out in the field. The Spanish has still been a little difficult for me because I'm still so stubborn that it has to be perfect. So every night and morning I ask Heavenly Father in my prayers to humble me to know that it is okay to not be perfect and I need to make my 9000 mistakes fast.
Last night's devotional the Sister who spoke focused that we have been divinely given our challenges and weaknesses. And that the Lord gave them to us so we can become stronger and over come them. Knowing that my trials and weaknesses were specifically given to me by my Heaven Father gives me strength to endure them and try that much harder to overcome them.
This week we had the greatest tender mercy ever! All of us from our room took a shower after our gym time, and when we were all done we went to get back into the room but the door was shut. We thought none of us had a key so we were going to have to walk across the MTC campus in our PJs and flipflops. As I set my stuff down I had the thought to check my short pockets just one time. Low and Behold! I had my key! I never have my key out of the 4 of us! So as soon as we got into our room we said a prayer of gratitude. It is little experiences like that, that I have had here that I know my faith has been strengthened.
Yesterday was the departure devotional and because my companion is leaving tomorrow I went even though I have one more week. One of the MTC presidency members spoke and he talked about how he often times gets to work with the members of the Quorum of the Twelve when they assign missionaries. He said Elder Eyring receives revelation which mission the missionary needs to go while Elder Ballard receives inspiration of which mission president needs that missionary. But no matter who receives the the revelation the missionary would be sent to the same mission. I know that I'm supposed to go to Mesa and that there are people there waiting and being prepared to hear my testimony. 
I used Ashley's Plan of Salvacion for my lessons that we were teaching a "16 year-old", who was really our teacher. And it was a successful lesson!  
This Wednesday is when all the new mission presidents are coming so the Quorum of the Twelve and First Presidency will be here to train them! Hopefully I can see one or two of them!
I received my itinerary for leaving so I will be leaving on June 30 at 9:50 and will get in to Arizona 10:40 Arizona time. I am so excited to get out there and I'm grateful for the opportunity to be out in the field for 3 extra weeks I wouldn't normally have if I was in the beginning Spanish program!
How is Josh's swim team going? Has Ashley gone horseback riding with Papa yet?

Con amor,
Hermana Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment