Tuesday, June 30, 2015


June 26, 2015

Hola Familia!

Wow this was one of the most eventful weeks I have been here. To start off on Monday night I had to say goodbye to most of my district because they were all leaving and I was switched to new room and building because the sisters in my room and companion were leaving before anyone else had to get up. I was thankfully transferred to a room with sisters who are from my branch and they will be leaving this next week with me. There is actually a sister who is headed to Mesa with me but she is not a VC sister. 
I had an amazing experience at the temple of Monday. While I was there I saw the picture of Christ descending from heaven with his arms wide open in that moment I felt like He was opening His arms to me, telling me to come unto Him and I can find peace and comfort while all those I have come to love were leaving.
Tuesday's devotional was by Elder Nash of the Seventy and my favorite quote from him was "Don't hold anything back from the Lord" I just love that, so I have made the decision that this is how I'm going to serve. And during his talk I came to an understanding that I am never going to have a better companion that the Lord because He is going to be working right beside me as I bring about his work.
My VC training started on Wednesday there are 5 of us. 4 sisters are going to the Hawaii Laei VC and then there is me; 2 speaking English, 1 speaking Korean, and 1 speaking Mandarin. I am companions with Sister Maio and Sister Kim. One of the English speaking sisters, Sister Walker, is actually from Eagle.
Wednesday we went to Temple Square for a visitor's experience, we toured the Beehive House and the Assembly Hall, and touch the temple to feel the actual chisel marks. We learned how to do "online proselyting" which will be one of our responsibilities at the VC. We do online chatting and calls through Mormon.org. It is so much harder to not be able to the see the person face to face. Sadly when my companions and I get on we always end up talking to members, not potential investigators. Which I know we are here to help All come unto Christ but they only let us answer their question and then get off the chat.
Yesterday in class we really focused how we can teach like Christ, act like Christ, and improve inviting other to come unto Christ. And our main focus was how there is absolutely no other way to receive exaltation with out Christ and his saving atonement. I will be perfectly honest and say that at the end of the day I felt really inadequate for my calling as a VC sister because my teachers stress that by the time people leave the VC they should've had converting experience and come unto Christ to the point they have the desire to act whether they are a member or nonmember. I know I can't do that on my own and it is only possible through the help of the Lord and the Spirit but it is still daunting. And right now I feel like I'm not doing that well in English, how am I supposed to do it in Spanish where I can barely have a conversation.
On Monday the other sisters leave for Hawaii so I will be here by myself, again. But because of that they have arranged that my TRCs are in Spanish, and TRC for VC is different because we don't know any information about the person until they walk into the room like a real VC. Which is awesome, but at the same time real nerve racking. I don't think I will have a companion on Monday to do it with because my companion during the day will be my teachers and they don't speak Spanish. So Monday will be very interesting. 
Thankfully today was Pday and we got to go to the temple I went asking for comfort and reassurance of my call. While waiting for the session I came across 3 Nefi 21:10 "the life of my servant shall be in my hand". I immediately knew that God answered my prayer and that the Lord knows where I'm at and where I going and doing. Then later if I found Moroni 10:23 "if ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me". Everyday I have to remind myself that this is the Lord's work and He will not let me fail.
Sometimes I think I got called Spanish speaking because I don't ever really cry during spiritual moments in Spanish, like baring my testimony or singing hymns that always make me cry in English. Maybe it is a tender mercy so that way the people I teach can somewhat understand my Spanish.
Tomorrow we get to go back to Temple Square but this time we will go on splits with the sisters there. I am super excited because I will officially begin my real missionary work! Because if I am able to teach a person tomorrow and they have a desire to learn more I can begin teaching them until we get them in contact with the local missionaries! I could have my first investigator tomorrow!
Sunday I will be in my same Spanish branch so hopefully I will be able to be prepared for Monday by attending all the meetings in Spanish. I still have the same mailbox number so you can send Dear Elders until Monday night.
I leave on Tuesday and I leave the MTC at 4:30ish and my flight leaves at 9:50 so expect a phone call sometime in there. Thank you for your package! Honestly eating the caramels in class is the only thing keeping my awake because our days are so long! I will send pictures from tomorrow at Temple Square my next p-day which will be out in the field!
Are there any big changes at home? Being in missionary mode I have an invitation for you guys, this week in class we watched the Good Samaritan Bible video but instead of looking at it for service we looked for Christ and how He is the Good Samaritan to us. So maybe you could do this for FHE this week because this gave me a new perspective of this parable.
I am so grateful for all the things I have been able to learn here, but I am ready to go and serve the people in Arizona and those who come to the Visitors' Center.
I love you all so much!

Con amor,
Hermana Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment