Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 13, 2015

Wow I can't believe that I have been out for over a month now! It has
been such a crazy week! But first I'll answer your questions.
1. My area is the Mesa South stake but only half of the area because
the elders cover the other half.
2. I am serving in the VC and I normally spend either 9-3 or 3-9 there
3. A typical day depends on if I have VC in the morning or evening so
we wake up and work out for 30 minutes which lately has been running
up and down our parking lot and I do at least 25 push-ups every day.
Then get ready and eat breakfast. The personal study in our apartment,
if it is a VC morning we finish studying there otherwise in the
apartment. Then teaching and contacting the rest of the other time.
But because of the VC schedule we have to mix our schedule around to
be able to meet with our investigators. So honestly there is no
typical day for me
4. We serve in 1 ward Liahona but its boundaries are the whole stake
5. Because I have the opportunity to serve half my day inside usually
the heat isn't too bad ;) and after last summer standing in the heat
for 6+ hours everyday helped prepare me.
6. One of the boys asked if I ever spake in English. The answer is yes
probably more than I should but I have helped more English speaking
people in the VC than Spanish. But anything at church is Spanish
except some will speak English with me. The only investigators we
speak English with are children investigators and sometimes it
switches from English to  Spanish.y companion and I are working on
speaking Spanish all the time except at the VC and we are getting
there.
Well this week we came into contact with lots of different people. We
found a less active lady, Urbelinda, and she was willing to let us
teach a lesson on our initial visit but it was right before dinner and
so we couldn't stay so we hope to be able to contact her again this
week. When she first came to the U.S. She was super strong in the
church so we hope to rekindle that fire. One day we went to stop by
Urbelinda's but she wasn't home but a man, Miguel, was sitting outside
of her neighbors house. He was waiting for the person to come home so
we shared the "Because He Lives" video. He started to open up so we
got his information so we could contact him during TC (our online
teaching at the VC). On Friday we had to drop one of my favorite
investigators, Guadelupe, because she didn't fully understand our
purpose. She said she enjoyed learning from us but that she would
never leave her church and we explained that she can't progress
without attending church. So we invited her to ask God what he wants
her to do but she said she wouldn't change, which broke my heart. I
hope that with time her heart will be softened and that she will
accept the gospel. We also met with Rose Mary whose parents were
active members but she was never baptized because of bad examples in
her life but her grandchildren are investigating the church and we are
trying to reactivate her daughter and the girls mom. So I hope and
pray that we can help their whole family accept the gospel. One of our
investigators Juan Carlos, on date moved out of our area to tonight we
are having our last lesson with him and then passing him to the other
sisters. They just so happen to be our last companions, Hermana
Gonzalez's last companion and my last companion who came from the MTC
with me. So he is in good hands. Nothing too crazy this week just a
lot of walking and dropping with faith. But I think the best
experience was in the VC when we were given another companions tour on
the spot in Spanish. We were asked to teach the Plan of Salvation and
eternal marriage. I am so grateful for the gift of tongues because I
was able to speak fairly fluently without preparing any thing to say.
I am so grateful for the Spirit and the blessings it brings!
I forgot to tell you this last week but I am actually the one driving
our car because my companion's license expired and she is working on
it getting renewed.
I made the goal to read the Book of Mormon every transfer and I was
reading in 1 Nephi earlier this week and read 16:23 and I noticed how
it said that he only made An arrow only 1! This reminded me of how
much faith and trust Nephi had in the Lord that He would provide for
their needs. I strive to have the same faith and trust that the Lord
will prepare people for us to teach and are ready to accept the
gospel.
The best place to send mail and packages is the VC because I will get
them that day and it won't change until I go full field. The address
is
525 E Main St
Mesa, AZ 85203
I am glad to hear that the boys are doing so well at swimming and that
Ashley is riding horses! I kind of miss Tangos but I get a lot of
authentic Hispanic food here and from all over Central and South
America. I don't quite understand but they still eat soup in the 100+
weather! I'm glad Elder Turner is doing well and that your coworker is
doing better! Mom I love that talk about the Atonement because it is
the enabling power of the Atonement that I'm studying this transfer in
the Book of Mormon. It is amazing how much of it is involved in our
daily lives. I'm sorry if I missed any of your other questions I try
to write them down as I read!
Will the boys swim meet be rescheduled? Is Ashley still going to an
art class? What ward is Britta and Reid in?
I love you all so much! And I love hearing from you all!
Con Amor,
Hermana Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment