Sunday, September 27, 2015

Storm Preparation & Just Kidding

September 21, 2015


Hey family,
I'm giving you quick notice that we are preparing for a storm that
should be coming to Mesa soon by going and filling sand bags. I don't
have time to write out a whole email right now. But just in case we
aren't given another time to write. I am doing great! The VC will be
closed for 4-8 weeks for renovations so we are full field sisters for
this transfer. We got transfer news yesterday and Hermana Gonzalez is
going to another area. I am with a full field sister, Hermana Gaskell
in my current area of Liahona 1st. I am sad to leave my trainer, but
also excited to serve with Hermana Gaskell! I will hopefully be able
to write more about my week a little later. :) I love you all so much!
Con amor,
Hermana Hart

Dear familia,
Just kidding. They don't need us any more. But I included the most
essential things in my previous email. Except although the VC is
closed we will go to the tri-stake center to still call our
investigators. But so many great things happened this week. On Monday
night we met one of the cutest families in our ward. One of our
recently activated members, Juventina (I'll also mention her a little
later) said she hadn't seen them at church recently, so we stopped by
to visit them. They are so great and before we said the closing prayer
they asked if we could sing I am a Child of God. On Tuesday we taught
Ana and Dina, but they told us they are moving so they were looking
for new apartments which is really tough because we have grown to love
them so much! But hopefully they move within our area. 
Wednesday was a really great day! During our time in the VC we met Terry. 
She came into the VC expecting to go through like a museum to learn more 
about the gospel, but she said the Spirit touched her heart the moment we
started the Christus. We talked about how much hope and peace can be
found as we live the gospel. As she was leaving she said, "I'm all for
the Restoration!", which made Hermana Gonzalez and me smile. I also
don't think I have seen someone so grateful and excited to receive a
Book of Mormon. She is already being a great missionary for her less
active husband. But it is amazing to see how the Lord prepares people
in different ways. 
During personal study on Thursday I finished the Book of Mormon! My 
testimony of the Book of Mormon and the power of
conversion that it has has grown so much on my mission. I have truly
found a desire to study it, not just read it, every day. 
Friday was probably one of the best days on my mission because Juventina,
previously mentioned, went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead
for the first time! We were both so excited and happy neither of us
could stop smiling for the next hour after we dropped her off at the
temple. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to work with
Juventina because I don't think I have ever met any one with such
great faith and charity. 
Saturday was my last night in the VC for 4-8
weeks, but I am excited for the adventure that is to come! Sunday I
met a family who lives where Brian Stiles served, and they were really
close. Their daughter actually just received her mission call to the
Germanay Frankfurt mission, which is where Elder Connor Stiles is
serving right now. And the wife actually served in Idaho on her
mission. The world is so small and the church makes it smaller!
Last night was a Charla Fogonera (fireside) and our recent convert Jaime
bore his conversion story and testimony. And it was so amazing to hear
his side of it and how the Book of Mormon helped him. Because we were
able to see the difference and how the Book of Mormon helped him
understand and accept the gospel.
As for General Conference we would normally watch it at the VC but
because it will be closed we will watch it at the stake center. And we
are working on finding people in the ward that would be willing to
have our investigators over to watch in their homes together. As for
preparing for General Conference I think the best thing is to write
down questions that you would like answered because the more personal
you make General Conference the better. That is what has helped me.
Maybe invite the Malundts over for breakfast and to watch it with them
or Austin maybe or both!
I'm doing and feeling great and so excited for this new and
adventurous transfer! I am so grateful I will be staying in my area,
and we are going to have more time than before to work with
investigators and members! Also we are starting to train for a 5k! :)
I'm sad to hear that Josh's team lost, but I'm sure they will be
better next time. I'm cheering for him and Caleb here in Mesa. Ashley
congrats on going to the dance this next weekend. I definitely expect
some pictures! Which by the way in the VC we each have a little cubby
to put our stuff while we are on shift and we love to put pictures. So
throughout my mission you can send me pictures and I will print them
out to hang in my cubby. I only have a few right now, my cubby was a
little sad. And that is an invitation for everyone! Not just only
family members. Mom I know that you will get the hang of things,
including the technology. It will just have to come with time. Dad how
are things at work? How far along is the temple now? I always love
hearing from you all!
With more time in our area we will be doing more service, so are my
clothes in a place where you could send me a few more t shirts and
pairs of pants that would be great!
I know that the Book of Mormon is true. That we can find answers to
any question that we may have whether it be spiritual or not. I also
know that Heavenly Father hears and answers every single prayer. I am
so grateful for this opportunity to share this message of hope and
peace and love to the people here in Mesa.
Con amor,
Hermana Hart


Abby and Hermana Gonzalez at their "Other home away from home."





"My home away from home."


"Can you tell which side is mine?"



No comments:

Post a Comment