Sunday, January 24, 2016

New Directors, well sort of :)

January 18, 2016

Dear familia,
It is always so much fun to hear about your fun adventures, and also
no one broke anything skiing the other day! There is definitely no
skiing here in Mesa, but there was some snow earlier in the year in
other parts of our mission. It is weird because I don't really need my
jacket unless we are going to be standing outside for longer than 30
minutes. I can say I don't miss the cold at all!

I did receive the gift card but we haven't gone shopping yet, but we
will some time soon! And I absolutely love my new running shoes! They
are so great and comfortable! I am doing great! And I don't need
anything!

This Friday the Camerons, the VC director and wife, returned home to
Utah. I learned so much from them and it was sad to say goodbye but
they had worthily completed their mission. And the Ashtons, came back
from the MTC as our new director and wife. The Ashtons were previously
serving here as a senior couple and the Howells, the newly called
director couldn't come, and so the Ashtons were called to be our
director until next January. They are so much fun and this morning we
watched the Emma Smith story with them and all of the sisters from the
VC! And had breakfast!

Earlier this week we had another lesson with April, who is the 17 year-old
we are teaching, and she told us that she wants to be baptized and she
will just wait until her 18th birthday in April if she has to! We hope
it can be sooner, but it just shows her desire and willingness to
follow the example of Jesus Christ! 

Also we met the wife of a new investigator we found the week before! 
Both times we went by really late and so on Wednesday we are going to 
have a lesson with them. They are both so amazing! They both love the idea 
of eternal families.  I just hope that I can help them in the best way that they 
can learn how to achieve that for their own family! 

Wednesday we were in the VC at night and that is mutual night, and there were 
about 3 groups of Mia Maids and with 2 of them we had the opportunity to share 
how we feel being missionaries and why we chose to come on a mission. For
me this was a blessing because it helps me relight the fire about the
reason why I chose to come out to serve Heavenly Father and Jesus
Christ as a full time missionary! I love sharing what has blessed my
life because I know that it will bless their lives too! 
The other day a man came into the VC and he recently retired from the armed forces
and he had fellow servicemen whom he served with that he promised to
come to the VC when he came back home and so he acted on his word and
came in. We were able to teach him almost all of the Restoration and
we touched a little bit on the Gospel of Jesus Christ because we have
an exhibit of the Book of Mormon that teaches it. It was really amazing
as we began to discuss the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the different
aspects and blessings that come from it, especially the knowledge that
we don't have to carry our burdens with us our whole lives as we turn
to Christ and rely upon Him. I am so grateful for His Atonement and
the ability I have to change and become better every day and know that
I don't have to deal with my feelings of inadequacy as I give them to
Him. It is amazing to see the blessings that have come into my life as
well as those I teach and serve with as we come to understand and
apply His Atonement in our lives every day.

What was the best trail this last ski trip?
I hope you have a great week! And I hope the ski trip today was
successful! I love you all so much! Keep up the hard work!

Con amor,
Hermana Hart


Movie Morning Monday
Some mornings we look better than others but that is okay! :)



A friend of ours has friends from her childhood serving as senior missionaries
in Hermana Hart's mission.  This was posted on the missionaries couples' Facebook page.  Our friend 
recognized Hermana Hart and thought we might enjoy it!
What a small world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment