Sunday, January 17, 2016

Slickables and Miracles

January 11, 2016


Dear familia,

I know that I usually send my emails later, but I can see them whenever and so when I didn't receive anything by 1 today I was a little worried that something had happened. But I am happy to hear that everything is going well! That is difficult to hear that they are officially changing the boundaries, but everything will workout the way that it needs to be because Heavenly Father definitely inspires leaders so His plan can come to pass. 

This week has been one really great week, full of different miracles from Heavenly Father. This week we found a family in our Spanish ward that is less active, and they haven't really been active since their baptisms. However, this has happened twice; they move and the missionaries knock on their door within a week of moving in. We were actually looking for another investigator when we found them. Now we are working with them to go to the temple! 

Another miracle is that one of our investigators in one of our English wards, who stopped meeting with missionaries earlier but still continued to go to church with her friends, and read and pray, I actually met her at Christmas Lights and so anyways, her New Years goals include being a "Mormon member" is what she calls it! We were so excited we just kind of paused after she told us this! It just made our night! And week possibly! :) She is definitely a miracle! 

As for the Visitors' Center, yesterday we were on shift from 12-3 and that is usually really slow because most people are still at church or are just returning so they are eating/ taking a nap :), but right when we walked in there were some elders from my old zone with an investigator and member. It was their first time meeting with Rich, and the member was the wife of the stake president. The stake president and his family have known Rich for about 2 years and have helped answer questions, and they all felt like it was time for him to meet with the missionaries. We gave him a tour of the Visitors' Center and I have never heard so many inspired questions from an investigator before! At the end, he asked us if we could end with a prayer, and he even offered to say it! It was just so amazing to see how Heavenly Father prepares people through the different experiences that take place in their lives! 

For pday we actually went and took pictures with the same sisters we went on the hike with last week, at all of the different murals that are in Mesa. It was kind of like Freak Alley, but we had to drive to get to different ones and we went to Slickables which is a handmade ice cream sandwich shop! It was so much fun!

Yesterday we went to all of Hermosa Vista, due to Visitors' Center schedule, and they were some of the best church meetings I have been to! The talks were all about how we can magnify our callings, and I was thinking about how being a missionary is my calling and I want to magnify it in the best possible way! And then the second hour we went to Gospel Doctrine which I haven't done for a while and it was just an exceptional lesson. We discussed murmuring and what that could all include and one sister said, "I am murmuring when I don't apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my life". And that statement just made me think so much. And how much I apply His Atonement in my life. I am so grateful that Jesus Christ came to the earth for us so that we can become better, that we have the opportunity to reach farther than we could just on our own! I know that it is only through Him that we are able to accomplish what the Lord commands of us, and that we are able to rely on His enabling power to do so. 

I can't wait to hear about the exciting lacrosse games and stories! What are some of the family resolutions? Are there any about the Sabbath day? I love you all so much and I hope everything goes well this week! Don't forget to smile!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Hart  


My Nativity! It is so precious! I loved it! Sadly it has to come down
so I could have room on my desk! :)


Mural Hunting


Hermana Weight and Hermana Hart



No comments:

Post a Comment