Sunday, April 10, 2016

Rain in the Desert comes in the form of Blessings! :)

April 4, 2016

Dear familia!

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! And for the birthday package, and most especially the birthday letters! They made my day/ week! I love them so much! I drank them up like water! You all amaze me! I am so grateful for you all!

It was kind of weird to not have Easter Pageant, but at the same time we saw so many other blessings in our area! As we were able to teach our investigators and members! This week I went on my first exchange with Sister Willes, from Burley, Idaho! She is such an amazing missionary! I definitely feel so inadequate to help other missionaries as I am learning to be one myself. At the same time I know I don't have to rely on my own abilities to help these sisters! This week I will be on exchanges every night of our area! It was interesting because I tried to say a prayer in English and it came out Spanglish as it has been a while since I said a prayer in English! I can't even imagine what it is like for other missionaries who go foreign to come back! 

It has been an amazing week here in the Mesa desert through the blessings of Heavenly Father!

On Monday we found a family of 4 who are all so willing to learn! The parents primarily wanted us to teach their daughters so they could make good choices, but now the parents learn with their girls! The 2 daughters are the sweetest girls ever! Monday we were able to teach them, and then also on Friday!

We had zone conference this week, and that is always a great highlight as we are able to learn more about how we can be better missionaries! This time Sister Jenkins talked about how we can better teach children which is helpful, as we begin teaching these families!

For a funny story this week, on Friday we came back to our apartment after the Visitors' Center in the morning to do weekly planning, and the members that we live with redid their patio around their pool so we couldn't walk to our "front" door. Well, we realized we locked the other door that leads into our apartment, so we went to go ask the member for a key. Turns out they don't have one and so they asked their teenage son to get his friend that got a lock picking kit for Christmas. After a few minutes of waiting, Sister Thompson came out and said they got the deadbolt done now they have just the doorknob lock. We lost a little hope because it took them about 10 minutes to pick the deadbolt that wasn't even locked! :) 10 minutes later the guys came out and told us, "We just took off your door, and once you go in we will put it back on." And that is exactly what we did! 

Lately in the visitors' center, several people from Brazil have come in, and so we truly put our Spanish to the test as we try to communicate using our Spanish and their Portuguese!  It is amazing how it works! Heavenly Father always expands our understanding in the moment through the gift of tongues, but after they leave I can't seem to remember how I understood them!

Of course the greatest blessings from this week were all the sessions of General Conference! I love Conference so much and I couldn't ask for a better weekend! We watched it in the Visitors' Center and also the church building. Some part member families watched it in their own house! I loved it all, but a talk that I frequently think about is of Elder Hallstrom's about the I am a Child of God, and also Elder Holland's about not beating yourself up if you can't do everything perfectly. That is an important aspect of the Atonement of Christ, to enable us to do things we can't do on our own. This is one of the greatest truths I have learned on my mission. 

It always amazes me how each person comes to Conference with their own personal questions and every single one is answered in one way or another! The way the Lord is able to communicate what we need through the Spirit just astounds me! The best thing is that this weekend is not the end of personal revelation through modern revelation but just the beginning because we can reread and rewatch all of Conference! I invite you all to act on the answers you received during Conference because I know that you will continue to receive more as you do so!

I know Thomas S Monson is the prophet of God on the earth today. And that the twelve apostles are also called of God. 
I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! Good luck with lacrosse and school and work! I know you will all be able to all that is required of you! Just remember to turn to the Savior!  Remember you are all children of God! And He loves you!

Con amor,
Hermana Hart



Tasty Cheesecake!


The Tradition lives On!
The Cheesecake Factory is in the background.  She has had this cheesecake for her birthday treat for several years.


The Best Birthday Package Ever!



Story time in the Visitors Center!


No comments:

Post a Comment