Thursday, July 28, 2016

Learning is a gift!

April 18, 2016

Dear familia,

I did meet Jordan's fiancé! She actually sat right next to me my first transfer meeting, so my first full day in the mission field. She trained another sister that came out with me! So that is pretty cool that you got to meet her! 
I haven't talked about April for a while because I was moved out of that area about a transfer and a half ago, but I still kept in touch with her over Facebook! What a blessing it is to have technology! We Skyped Kate! And she is so ready to go for the 30th for her baptism! The Lord has blessed her with support in these past few weeks she has been looking for the past few years! Which it is just amazing to be on the outside watching in of a conversion process! Because sometimes it is hard to see your own but as you put forth effort it definitely happens!

This week was full of so many trainings! We had zone training meeting on Tuesday, and then Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in the morning we were trained in the Visitors Center by Chris Billings who is in charge of all of the visitors centers and historical sites of the Church! It was so great it was like we went back to the MTC for a couple of hours every morning! I learned so much on why we have visitors centers and what the Lord expects from us as we serve there.

The greatest learning experience that I had was being able to go to the temple on Thursday. It always amazes me how much we are able to learn there by the Spirit, and how much of God's love you can feel! I think if there was a way to accurately describe what it is like to be in the temple, then any person would be willing to make the changes to go there! And the talk "I am a Child of God" from this last General Conference came to my mind as we spent our time in the celestial room. Because really it is like sitting in a very fancy castle! And remembering our true identity is one of the greatest keys to guide us back home! I know I am a child of God and so is every person that walks through the doors of the Visitors Center or I meet on the street! And having that in perspective helps me know how I should treat them and help them!

Wednesday night I had exchanges with Sister Zimmerman, and she is from Ohio! She is so much fun and is so much like me it is a little crazy! But it was so much fun to learn from her! She uses the scriptures so well! And has a crazy amount of patience! It is such a blessing to serve with her!

On Friday, we were serving in our area and we stopped by this family that we have been teaching. But we hadn't seen them for a week and we were hoping everything was alright. Well we started to write them a note because they didn't answer the door, but then Salomon, the dad, came out from behind the back of the house! We talked to him for a little bit and he asked us about if there is a book that was written by Christ to tell us what we must do in this life! It was crazy! We taught him about the Book of Mormon, and what it truly is. He has investigated different churches for years now and has been to theVisitors Center before, and he actually went for a year because he like the way that he felt! He talked about how he likes to listen to documentaries on his phone when he works and so he listens for about 6 hours every day. We showed him the Gospel Library and how he could listen to the Book of Mormon! He thought it was the coolest thing ever! We are so excited to continue to work with him and his family!

I know the Lord has provided technology to help us learn more about the gospel as well to more easily share it! What a blessing it is to live in these days to have it! And as President Monson taught us in Conference our decisions determine our destiny, and that includes how we use the tools Heavenly Father has given us to be able share the gospel and his love!

I hope you all have a great week! And enjoy all the learning opportunities that come your way! I love you all so much! Keep up the hard work! I love you!

Con amor,
Hermana Hart

What the Netherlands looks like! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment