Friday, July 29, 2016

Learning to Become!

June 27, 2016

Dear familia,

I am glad to hear that y all enjoyed your week and found time for fun activities! Summertime is the best! And here in Mesa it feels like summertime almost all year which is great! 
This week has gone by so crazy fast! And it has been a great one! We spent most of our evenings on exchanges! Which I love so much as I am able to learn so much from each sister!
Tuesday I was on exchanges with Sister Gaskell in our area at night which was really cool to see how much we have both grown since we were companions at the beginning of both of our missions! In the Visitors Center in the morning that day I was able to send missionaries to someone who requested a Book or Mormon in Guatemala! It is amazing to see how the work of salvation is spreading all over the world!

On Wednesday we had a great district meeting about becoming! I love this topic because it gives us a chance to think of how our Heavenly Father sees us and the potential He sees in us! I know that each one of us can become who our Heavenly Father wants us to be, it just takes some effort and time and help from the atonement of Jesus Christ! But it is possible! In the evening we were in the Visitors Center and I was with Hermana Gonzalez from Chile and she is one of the most humble people that I know! What a great attribute to have and become like the Savior!

Thursday I was with Sister Judy on exchanges and she is my sister training leader! Which was so much fun! We conquered our fears of really big bugs! But more importantly I learned from Sister Judy to really listen to those we are teaching so we can better teach to their needs and help them continue to become who Heavenly Father wants them to be!

Friday night was really fun with Hermana Carrillo in the visitors center! Which we answered a phone call into Mormon.org from a lady in California. She desperately needed some help but wanted us to take care of everything for her instead of her doing some work on her part. Sadly we are pretty limited as to what we can do to physically help people out. But it made me think of how often do I expect Heavenly Father to solve all of my problems or the opposite I try to do everything on my own, but it doesn't work out that way. Really we should rely on Jesus Christ and his atonement in order to overcome our challenges and become the sons and daughters of God we are meant to be!

Sadly in the morning we said goodbye to President and Sister Jenkins in the morning at our preparation meeting! I sure will miss them! At the same time I am excited for our new mission president and wife! We will meet them on Thursday morning! So that will be something new this week you could say! :)

Today we played soccer with our zone! Which was so much fun, but I sure am out of shape! And we just kind of chilled because last week was a little crazy because we had a breakfast with all of the sisters on my shift! Which was really fun! Next week I am not quite sure what we will do for the 4 of July, but we might watch fireworks from the Visitors Center windows :) But I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

I have another great week of exchanges in the visitors center ahead as well! I know that there are specific people in our lives for a reason whether they are friends, family members or even strangers! But they are there to help us become the best that we can be, as we choose to surround ourselves with the right people and are where we are supposed to be!

I love you all so much! Be where you are supposed to be so you can become who you are supposed to be!
Con amor,
Hermana Hart


Esperanza and her cute family!
This is the family we helped move!

Car Cookies!


We are currently working on baking cookies in our car! :) A picture of
the finished product will be sent next week!

Cutest lady ever!

We gave a tour to some elders from Tempe and they asked that we take a
picture for them and then their investigator asked us to take one with
her! :)


One very large bug!

The bugs here in Mesa are huge! That is my shoe for reference! :)


The Visitors Center staff with the Jenkins!

We are a small but powerful group! And we love the Jenkins so much! We
will miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment