Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Way to Become!

May 9, 2016

Dear familia,
It was such a blessing to see you all yesterday! It was just what I needed! I love you all so much! I am so grateful for technology and that all worked out! I will work on my talking speed! :)


This week has just gone by like a blur, I don't even know where to start! On Saturday I had exchanges with Hermana Morris! She is so much fun! We actually came out to Arizona together and so it was awesome to
catch up with her and what has happened on her mission! Exchanges always have to have something strange or awkward happen and this time we passed by one of our investigator's house and after a few knocks on
the door it swings wide open and someone I hadn't met before came out. At first I thought it was our investigator but he was speaking almost perfect English and had a beard, which we saw our investigator the night before and he didn't have one. We asked Eric, the man, where Sal and his family were because all of their cars were there. He told us that he had bought the house and the cars from them so they could move back to Mexico for a family emergency. It was impressive how detailed his story was, but both Sister Morris and I could tell he had received
a lot of his creativity from the help of alcohol. Anyways, Eric told us to come back in a few months to see if they moved back. So I will let you know what truly has happened in the near future. :)


Today we went on a hike with our zone to the wind caves, and this time we went all the way to the top! It was so funny because I was with several of the sisters and helping a few over the rocks and climbing up, and one of the sisters is Sister Ventinilla, from the Philippines. We reached a pretty tough spot to climb and as she was holding on for life she said "This is not the Philippines!" Our district leader plays the violin so he carried it up to the top and then played it at the top and in the caves for it to echo, which was really cool! And everyone made it to the top and to the bottom with only minor injuries, and a few cactus pricklies in some hands. :)


Tuesday we had mission leadership council, and President Jenkins shared with us a story of Amanda Smith and her son Alma. They were pioneers and where a part of a massacre at Huan's Mill, where Alma lost his hip due to a shotgun wound. Well between the faith of Alma and of Amanda and their obedience to the Lord's guidance and counsel, Alma was healed after laying on his front for 5 weeks! As I heard this story it made me reflect on my own faith and whether it is enough for the Lord to work miracles and if I have been listening to the counsel from the Lord.


Which led into our interviews with President Jenkins on Thursday. It was a little sad because it will be our last interviews with him and Sister Jenkins before they leave! :( But it was so good because the topic of our interview was becoming. Studying this topic over the past few weeks in preparation during personal study has been so amazing because I have learned that truly in order to become like the Savior we have to follow the path of discipleship. Which isn't always the easiest path to follow, but it will lead us back to our Heavenly Father. Think about your own path of becoming like the Savior and what is your next step?


I love you all so much! And I am so grateful for your love and support! Best of luck at work and school and lacrosse!


Con amor,
Hermana Hart


No big deal just a rattle snake!

No comments:

Post a Comment